From: Kaz on
Dear SAS experts.

I have heard from my ex-colleague that there is a SAS compatible
software called WPC.
Has anyone tried it and any comments on the software?

Especailly, I am very heavy macro user so I want to know the
comaptibility of BASE/SAS especially macro part.

And I could not find the price part from homepage of WPC.
If you could suggest me the vague price for windows7 x86 64bit/32bit
version's price, that is alos very helpfule.
I am lone user who does not belong to any company for the moment.

Thank you,
Kazutoshi
From: Will on
On Jun 9, 11:05 am, Kaz <kazutoshi.shideh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear SAS experts.
>
> I have heard from my ex-colleague that there is a SAS compatible
> software called WPC.
> Has anyone tried it and any comments on the software?
>
> Especailly, I am very heavy macro user so I want to know the
> comaptibility of BASE/SAS especially macro part.
>
> And I could not find the price part from homepage of WPC.
> If you could suggest me the vague price for windows7 x86 64bit/32bit
> version's price, that is alos very helpfule.
> I am lone user who does not belong to any company for the moment.
>
> Thank you,
> Kazutoshi

I have tried it. My experience: great promising work, but not there
yet. They still have to support some functionality that is basic, at
least to me.
You can check their software and documentation at http://www.teamwpc.co.uk
And at http://www.teamwpc.co.uk/products/wps/language you can find
several excel files with the current state of the support of different
elements of the language.
Hope that helps.
From: Phil Rack on
On Jun 9, 6:29 am, Will <g.ramos.alva...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 11:05 am, Kaz <kazutoshi.shideh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Dear SAS experts.
>
> > I have heard from my ex-colleague that there is a SAS compatible
> > software called WPC.
> > Has anyone tried it and any comments on the software?
>
> > Especailly, I am very heavy macro user so I want to know the
> > comaptibility of BASE/SAS especially macro part.
>
> > And I could not find the price part from homepage of WPC.
> > If you could suggest me the vague price for windows7 x86 64bit/32bit
> > version's price, that is alos very helpfule.
> > I am lone user who does not belong to any company for the moment.
>
> > Thank you,
> > Kazutoshi
>
> I have tried it. My experience: great promising work, but not there
> yet. They still have to support some functionality that is basic, at
> least to me.
> You can check their software and documentation athttp://www.teamwpc.co.uk
> And athttp://www.teamwpc.co.uk/products/wps/languageyou can find
> several excel files with the current state of the support of different
> elements of the language.
> Hope that helps.

I resell WPS in the United States so I will disclose that upfront.
What you will find in WPS is a fairly complete SAS language
interpreter/compiler of the SAS\Base language. It does support the
macro language and all the most useful SAS\Base procs with the
exception of Proc Report. With WPS, you receive the Access Engines
(ODBC, Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SPSS, etc...) as part of the package.
WPS is currently a little lean in the statistical library in that it
supports REG, LOGISTIC, STANDARD and SCORE. There will be additional
PROCS in an upcoming release.

One thing that comes with the Windows version is the "Analyser." With
the analyzer, you can run your existing code through the system and it
will report any procs or data step elements that may not be supported.
It's really great to be able to run a directory of SAS programs
through the analyzer at once to determine what if any modifications
you may have to make to your existing code.

You can find pricing information on our website at www,minequest.com.

Phil Rack
www.minequest.com
SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller
From: Kaz on
On 6$B7n(B9$BF|(B, $B8a8e(B8:16, Phil Rack <philr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 6:29 am, Will <g.ramos.alva...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 9, 11:05 am, Kaz <kazutoshi.shideh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Dear SAS experts.
>
> > > I have heard from my ex-colleague that there is a SAS compatible
> > > software called WPC.
> > > Has anyone tried it and any comments on the software?
>
> > > Especailly, I am very heavy macro user so I want to know the
> > > comaptibility of BASE/SAS especially macro part.
>
> > > And I could not find the price part from homepage of WPC.
> > > If you could suggest me the vague price for windows7 x86 64bit/32bit
> > > version's price, that is alos very helpfule.
> > > I am lone user who does not belong to any company for the moment.
>
> > > Thank you,
> > > Kazutoshi
>
> > I have tried it. My experience: great promising work, but not there
> > yet. They still have to support some functionality that is basic, at
> > least to me.
> > You can check their software and documentation athttp://www.teamwpc.co.uk
> > And athttp://www.teamwpc.co.uk/products/wps/languageyoucan find
> > several excel files with the current state of the support of different
> > elements of the language.
> > Hope that helps.
>
> I resell WPS in the United States so I will disclose that upfront.
> What you will find in WPS is a fairly complete SAS language
> interpreter/compiler of the SAS\Base language. It does support the
> macro language and all the most useful SAS\Base procs with the
> exception of Proc Report. With WPS, you receive the Access Engines
> (ODBC, Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SPSS, etc...) as part of the package.
> WPS is currently a little lean in the statistical library in that it
> supports REG, LOGISTIC, STANDARD and SCORE. There will be additional
> PROCS in an upcoming release.
>
> One thing that comes with the Windows version is the "Analyser." With
> the analyzer, you can run your existing code through the system and it
> will report any procs or data step elements that may not be supported.
> It's really great to be able to run a directory of SAS programs
> through the analyzer at once to determine what if any modifications
> you may have to make to your existing code.
>
> You can find pricing information on our website at www,minequest.com.
>
> Phil Rackwww.minequest.com
> SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller- $B0zMQ%F%-%9%H$rI=<($7$J$$(B -
>
> - $B0zMQ%F%-%9%H$rI=<((B -

Thank you everyone.
I am looking forward to using evaluation version of the software.

Kaz