From: Frank Martin on
Does Windows7 allow:

Switching off/on extraneous installed HDDs while the
computer is running?

Have a faxing facility which allows blocking of junk faxes?
(like email & newsgroups.)

Please help,
Frank

From: Bruce Hagen on

"Frank Martin" <fm(a)general.com.au> wrote in message
> Does Windows7 allow:
>
> Switching off/on extraneous installed HDDs while the computer is
> running?
>
> Have a faxing facility which allows blocking of junk faxes? (like email
> & newsgroups.)
>
> Please help,
> Frank

Windows 7 Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Stubbo of Oz on
On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:57:46 +1000, "Frank Martin" <fm(a)general.com.au>
wrote:

>Does Windows7 allow:
>
>Switching off/on extraneous installed HDDs while the
>computer is running?
>
> Have a faxing facility which allows blocking of junk faxes?
>(like email & newsgroups.)

Try in this news group

alt.windows7.general

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
From: VanguardLH on
Frank Martin wrote:

> Does Windows7 allow:

You often visit Kia dealerships to ask about repairs to Buicks?

> Switching off/on extraneous installed HDDs while the
> computer is running?

So why not go check yourself what setttings are available in the power
options of Win7?

> Have a faxing facility which allows blocking of junk faxes?
> (like email & newsgroups.)

There are enforceable laws regarding junk faxes. Contact your lawyer
should you decide to actually do something about junk faxes.

http://www.keytlaw.com/faxes/junkfaxlaw.htm

Google still works. Other articles found by:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22junk+fax%22+%2Blaw

I suppose you could block some phone numbers (since the faxes are using
your telephone service) but that depends on what services you paid for
from your telco provider.
From: Twayne on
In news:OFOqKYj9KHA.4924(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Frank Martin <fm(a)general.com.au> typed:
> Does Windows7 allow:
>
> Switching off/on extraneous installed HDDs while the
> computer is running?

It depends on whether delayed write is on and a few other things. If it's
listed in the REmove Hardware icon, then it's not safe in any version of
windows.

> Have a faxing facility which allows blocking of junk faxes?
> (like email & newsgroups.)

That would depend again, on the program being used. I don't like win7 so I
can't speak for it. Look in the Help for it and see.

Look it up in Help and Support, or better yet, the fax probram's Help.

And, there is always Google or your favorite search engine, whatever it may
be.

HTH,

Twayne`
--
IMPORTANT: How to post to multiple newsgroups