From: Uwe Sieber on
JamesKB wrote:
> OS: WinXP Home SP3
>
> I've just started to get this error message randomly (sometimes when
> opening an application or opening Windows Explorer, etc...:
>
> "There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive
> \Device\harddisk\Dr6"
>
> Any ideas?

\Device\harddisk\Dr6 is a truncated kernel name
(also called "DOS device name") of a disk device.
My tool ListUsbDrives shows it, so you can at
least identify which drive is causing this:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/listusbdrives.zip

To discover why this drive is accessed at all
is difficult.

If you don't need the drive then you can
deactivate it in the device manager.

Uwe

From: MowGreen on
JamesKB wrote:
> OS: WinXP Home SP3
>
> I've just started to get this error message randomly (sometimes when
> opening an application or opening Windows Explorer, etc...:
>
> "There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive
> \Device\harddisk\Dr6"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for your time.
> --
> JamesKB

The message is probably being caused by a removable device -

"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive
\Device\harddisk\Dr1" Error Message When You Start Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330137

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten