From: Kinwo on
Dear all,

I would like to ask a problem about the MS outlook, details as follows:

One of our client which using MS outlook 2000/2003/2007 have a problem about received email (using pop3), which we don't know why it will automatic added a file (att00001.txt) no matter the file with attachment or not. What our client use mail server are Linux Postfix, in front of the Postfix, our client use Cisco Ironport to scan the spam mail.

The network diagram:

Postfix <-> Ironport <-> Firewall <-> Internet

We had made a few test and found that:

1. If the client open the mail on web (webmail), the email will show correctly (which do not have the attachment att00001.txt)
2. If the client use outlook express to receive the mail (using pop3), the email will also show correctly content (which do not have the attachment att00001.txt)
3. If the client use MS outlook 2000/2003/2007 to receive the mail, then there will be a extra file att00001.txt on the email

I am not sure the problem cause, and I would like to ask how can I further troubleshoot (isolate the problem) thanks!

Thanks!
Br,
Kinwo