From: John on
You have been offered a salaried position as a software engineer in North
Carolina. You have 5 years of professional experience and a M.Sc. degree in
EE. You live in a different state.

What would you expect as a minimum when it comes to:
- the salary
- the terms of the job contract?
- vacation days?
- personal days?
- insurance?
- pension?
- terms for termination of contract / amount of notice ?
- other things I haven't thought of (?)
- bonuses
- benefits
- sign-on bonus
- relocation assistance

Thank you in advance.

From: Rune Allnor on
On 19 Jun, 01:18, "John" <j...(a)thisdoesntwork.com> wrote:
> You have been offered a salaried position as a software engineer in North
> Carolina. You have 5 years of professional experience and a M.Sc. degree in
> EE. You live in a different state.
>
> What would you expect as a minimum when it comes to:

I think these questions would be better asked to the
local chapter of some professional's organization like
IEEE or ACM. I would expect that part of their job is
to keep track of such details.

Rune
From: fatalist on
On Jun 18, 7:18 pm, "John" <j...(a)thisdoesntwork.com> wrote:
> You have been offered a salaried position as a software engineer in North
> Carolina. You have 5 years of professional experience and a M.Sc. degree in
> EE. You live in a different state.
>
> What would you expect as a minimum when it comes to:
> - the salary
> - the terms of the job contract?
> - vacation days?
> - personal days?
> - insurance?
> - pension?
> - terms for termination of contract / amount of notice ?
> - other things I haven't thought of (?)
> - bonuses
> - benefits
> - sign-on bonus
> - relocation assistance
>
> Thank you in advance.

- bonuses
- sign-on bonus
- relocation assistance

yeah, you should definitely ask for a sign-on bonus of at least 10
grand...

But ,seriously, dude, which planet are you from ?

You should consider yourself lucky to be offered a position these days

But I would definitely think twice before relocating to another state
if you have family to take with you
If your new job goes belly up in 6 months you will be f\/@%&#

Better yet, invent a time-travel machine to go back 10-15 years...