From: "Gary" on
The last few times I have posted to the board, I recieved an email, which
has the subject line of ???????? ??? ??? and is written in what appears to
be greek, then english then seemingly some arabic language. It tells me
that it has recieved an email from me that it suspects is spam and it has
held until I confirm the e-mail (which I DO NOT), then my post appears on
the board. I dont open the email, I view it (if there is a difference) in
outlook express.

I dont want to post the email address or content, but it does not reference
the php.net board.

Anyone else have this happen?

Gary

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5252 (20100705) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: "Gary ." on
On 7/5/10, Gary[1] wrote:
> The last few times I have posted to the board, I recieved an email, which
> has the subject line of ???????? ??? ??? and is written in what appears to
> be greek

Ukrainian or Russian I would guess, looking at the headers.

> Anyone else have this happen?

Yes. Either some spammer harvesting addresses, or some **** setting up
filters on his email and getting it wrong.

[1] Another Gary, not this one :)
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 11:00 +0200, Gary . wrote:

> On 7/5/10, Gary[1] wrote:
> > The last few times I have posted to the board, I recieved an email, which
> > has the subject line of ???????? ??? ??? and is written in what appears to
> > be greek
>
> Ukrainian or Russian I would guess, looking at the headers.
>
> > Anyone else have this happen?
>
> Yes. Either some spammer harvesting addresses, or some **** setting up
> filters on his email and getting it wrong.
>

> [1] Another Gary, not this one :)

I have had a couple such emails, requesting me to log in somewhere in
order to have my address 'validated' as non-spam, but I ignored it and
nothing bad has happened to me yet!

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: "Gary ." on
On 7/6/10, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> I have had a couple such emails, requesting me to log in somewhere in
> order to have my address 'validated' as non-spam, but I ignored it and
> nothing bad has happened to me yet!

Not yet.

*hides cattle prod behind back*