From: ghelf on
When a full scan is done on a computer, are all files of all types looked at
for infection or only files that have changed since the last scan?

From: FromTheRafters on
"ghelf" <ghelf(a)sbcglobalDeathToSpam.net> wrote in message
> When a full scan is done on a computer, are all files of all types
> looked at for infection or only files that have changed since the last
> scan?

Which AV program?

From: ghelf on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> "ghelf" <ghelf(a)sbcglobalDeathToSpam.net> wrote in message
>> When a full scan is done on a computer, are all files of all types looked
>> at for infection or only files that have changed since the last scan?
>
> Which AV program?

Well, I'm using McAfee but wouldn't most AV programs operate the same way.
I thought the big difference between AV products was the size of their
signature library and
suspicious behavior algorithms.

From: Fuzzy Logic on
"ghelf" <ghelf(a)sbcglobalDeathToSpam.net> wrote in

> When a full scan is done on a computer, are all files of all types
> looked at for infection or only files that have changed since the last
> scan?

This will depend on the software. There are often options to scan everything, suggested files, etc.
You will need to check YOUR configuration.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "ghelf" <ghelf(a)sbcglobalDeathToSpam.net>

| "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> "ghelf" <ghelf(a)sbcglobalDeathToSpam.net> wrote in message
>>> When a full scan is done on a computer, are all files of all types looked
>>> at for infection or only files that have changed since the last scan?

>> Which AV program?

| Well, I'm using McAfee but wouldn't most AV programs operate the same way.
| I thought the big difference between AV products was the size of their
| signature library and
| suspicious behavior algorithms.

No.
Not at all !