From: BIGEYE on
I am considering KIS 2010 to replace my KAV 2009 when the subscription
expires. My qustion is can KIS 2010 stop programs from accessing the
internet without my knowledge (calling home so to speak), if yes, does
KIS do this by default or are there settings to change to prevent
programs calling home.

TIA
From: Roy on
On Feb 3, 10:44 am, BIGEYE <dj...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am considering KIS 2010 to replace my KAV 2009 when the subscription
> expires. My qustion is can KIS 2010 stop programs from accessing the
> internet without my knowledge (calling home so to speak), if yes, does
> KIS do this by default or are there settings to change to prevent
> programs calling home.
>
> TIA

Basing my experience on its predecessor, KIS2009 it's likely it won't
From: FromTheRafters on
"BIGEYE" <djst8(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am considering KIS 2010 to replace my KAV 2009 when the subscription
>expires. My qustion is can KIS 2010 stop programs from accessing the
>internet without my knowledge (calling home so to speak), if yes, does
>KIS do this by default or are there settings to change to prevent
>programs calling home.

According to their features list, it has both application control *and*
outbound filtering.

....as to whether or not it can do what you want it to - probably not.

From: Slarty on
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 06:59:06 -0500, FromTheRafters wrote:

> "BIGEYE" <djst8(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am considering KIS 2010 to replace my KAV 2009 when the subscription
>>expires. My qustion is can KIS 2010 stop programs from accessing the
>>internet without my knowledge (calling home so to speak), if yes, does
>>KIS do this by default or are there settings to change to prevent
>>programs calling home.
>
> According to their features list, it has both application control *and*
> outbound filtering.
>
> ...as to whether or not it can do what you want it to - probably not.

But it can, and does, interfere with legitimate internet activity. I
reverted to KAV. I've no time for vitually any 'internet security suite'.
Horses for courses.

Cheers,

Roy

Pages: 1