From: Ken on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_aerial_plug

From: Richard on
On 2010-07-25 19:49:03 +0100, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm(a)mendelson.com> said:

> Ken wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_aerial_plug
>
> Thanks, but what do you call it?
>
> Aerial plug? Antenna plug? Belling Lee Plug?
>
> Geoff.

I have never heard of it called a Belling-Lee connector, and I started
messing about with TV in England in about 1960.....
AFAIK, it's always called a TV aerial plug - this link to RS Components
could be useful:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0531683

(RS

Components used to be called RadioSpares, back when I were a lad....)

Hope this helps,
Richard

From: Arfa Daily on

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm(a)mendelson.com> wrote in message
> Richard wrote:
>
>> I have never heard of it called a Belling-Lee connector, and I started
>> messing about with TV in England in about 1960.....
>> AFAIK, it's always called a TV aerial plug - this link to RS Components
>> could be useful:
>
> Belling-Lee is its name, but that's why I asked, I had no idea what
> people actually called them. From what I can tell, Belling-Lee is only
> used in the Wikipedia.
>
> Thanks, Geoff.
>
> --
> Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM

I have always known them as Belling-Lee plugs going back to when I started
in the TV repair business back in 1970. "Co-ax plugs" is the general
workshop speak for them. My drawer that I keep them in here, is actually
labeled 'Belling-Lee Connectors' and contains sockets as well as plugs.

Arfa