From: Jason Huang on
Hi,

I'm wondering if I set the COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL of my SQL Server 2008 db to
100, will this improve the efficiency of that db?
Thanks for help.

Jason

From: Tibor Karaszi on
Jason,

No, compat level is not a perf thing - it is a language functionality thing.
OF course, there might always be some extreme cases where we do see some
different execution plan, but that is definitely exception (if such at all
occurs...).

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp