From: Jason Huang on
Hi,

In my SQL Server 2008 ,I just restore a database DB1 from a .bak file which
is from my SQL Server 2000.
I have a user UserA in the DB1, how do I set up the SELECT/UPDATE/DELETE
privilege for UserA on DB1's tables?
Thanks for help.

Jason

From: Tibor Karaszi on
Users and permissions are inside the database. You might have lost the
connect from the user to the login (investigate the sys.server_principals
and sys.database_principals tables using the SID column). This you handle
using ALTER LOGIN or possibly sp_help_revlogins (Bing/Google).

If the user didn't exists in the first place, then just add this as login
and then as users in the restored database.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp