From: robarch21 on
I just bought a stock, and the cost of the stock is not subtracted from my
balance. It has an "N/A" listed and in clicking that it says it was
either a boughtX transaction or says that placeholder entries don't affect
the balance. I've never owned this stock before, and I've never had this
happen. Any suggestions on what the problem is or how to solve it? TIA

-------------------------------------

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 19579 messages and counting!
From: John Pollard on
robarch21 wrote:
> I just bought a stock, and the cost of the stock is not subtracted
> from my balance. It has an "N/A" listed and in clicking that it says
> it was either a boughtX transaction or says that placeholder entries
> don't affect the balance. I've never owned this stock before, and
> I've never had this happen. Any suggestions on what the problem is
> or how to solve it?

When the cash amount says "N/A", it is almost always a placeholder issue.
You might want to read up on placeholders in Quicken Help.

Do you see a placeholder in the account for the security? [Placeholders
should have an "Action" value of "Entry".].

If not, have you told Quicken to show hidden investment transactions?

Edit > Preferences > Quicken Program > Investment transactions

Put a check mark in "Show hidden transactions".

--

John Pollard

From: R. C. White on
Hi, robarch21.

In addition to John's comments...

Has the Settlement Date passed yet? This is typically 5 days after the
Trade Date (as you probably know), and it can be confusing during this time
to see that the stock is in the account - and the cash is still there, too.
But the cash should disappear on the Settlement Date.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX