From: Koobee Wublee on
On Nov 14, 5:50 pm, "Jay R. Yablon" wrote:

> In the linear approximation, the metric tensor g^uv is related to
> the gravitational field h^uv according to (k=sqrt(16 pi G)):
>
> g^uv = eta^uv + k h^uv (1)

There is nothing special about a curved state, and there is no
curvature that is special --- even if flat spacetime. So, what you
are doing does not really make any sense. <shrug>

The concept of gravitational waves was first conceived by Poincare,
but it was first mathematically described by Rosen through a clever
mathemagical manipulation of the field equations. Linearizing it
against a special curvature state is not valid.

> Further, the "graviton" field psi^uv is related to h^uv according to
> (what is the best thing to call psi^uv, in contrast to h^uv?):
>
> psi^uv = h^uv - .5 g^uv h (2)

These are the field equations. <shrug>

> I would like to know what (1) and (2) become, exactly, when the
> gravitational fields become very strong. I believe what happens is the
> the sqrt(-g) factor kicks in, so that (1) now becomes:
>
> sqrt(-g) g^uv = eta^uv + k sqrt(-g) h^uv (3)

R_ij - R g_ij / 2 = k T_ij

<shrug>

sqrt(-det(g)) is a part in the making of the so-called Lagrangian that
derives the field equations. <shrug>

> [...]

You need to understand GR first before attempting to branch out into
quantum nonsense. <shrug>

Furthermore, in Rosen's mathemagical derivation, even the
Schwarzschild metric does radiate away energy. The Euler-Lagrange
equation (geodesic equations) associated with the temporal variable
does not suggest any gravitational radiation. It is one of the
countless self-inconsistencies in GR that the self-styled physicists
love to brush under the rug. <shrug>

From: Dirk Van de moortel on
Koobee Wublee <koobee.wublee(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
822f2e7e-8bdb-4b47-b486-37f89a1187eb(a)b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com

> <shrug>
> <shrug>
> <shrug>
> <shrug>
> <shrug>
> <shrug>

I can't wait for the day you'll dislocate that shoulder.

Dirk Vdm
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Einstein "fingers" and relativity