From: Yannick Bergeron on

you don't need to repost the question as I've already put samba(a)lists.samba.org on the mail

A quick search on google on "HPUX mount cifs" return result with commands like "cifsclient" and "cifsmount" for HPUX

From: jgbittar(a)gmail.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:44:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Quick question.
To: burgergold(a)hotmail.com

Thanks i will post the question on the link that you gave me, but i am not talking about Linux but Unix especifically HPUX, is that the same?

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Yannick Bergeron <burgergold(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm moderating the samba-technical mailing list.
This post is more appropriate on samba(a)lists.samba.org
So I'll just answer on this one and reject the post on samba-technical

< I have a quick question regarding Samba, can i mount a Windows share on a
< Unix server?
<
< --
< Thanks

<
< Jorge

the quick answer is yes. Most linux distribution with the right packages installed (if they aren't installed by default) allow you to "mount -t cifs" a SMB/CIFS share (Windows or Samba)

Your Photo on Bing.ca: You Could WIN on Canada Day! Submit a Photo Now!

--
Thanks

Jorge