From: Gary on
I updated Q2009 on 3/4/10. At that time everything seemed fine. Now
I'm getting some strange results that I cannot explain and cannot
figure out how to track down where the error is.

(1) When I first bring up Quicken and set the graph to 2/28/2010, I get
one number for net worth in the graph, a second number for net worth in
the total of the account balances in the right hand column, and a third
number when I click the button "Show Net Worth Report".

(2) When I click on a specific account, I get similar inconsistencies.
For example, my savings account show $6,160.72 in the right-hand
account column vs. $2.646.69 as the 2/28 balance in the register.

Any suggestions for some sane way to track down what seems like mass chaos?

From: z on
"Gary" <gary_w1(a)hotline.com> wrote in message
>I updated Q2009 on 3/4/10. At that time everything seemed fine. Now I'm
>getting some strange results that I cannot explain and cannot figure out
>how to track down where the error is.
>
> (1) When I first bring up Quicken and set the graph to 2/28/2010, I get
> one number for net worth in the graph, a second number for net worth in
> the total of the account balances in the right hand column, and a third
> number when I click the button "Show Net Worth Report".
>
> (2) When I click on a specific account, I get similar inconsistencies.
> For example, my savings account show $6,160.72 in the right-hand account
> column vs. $2.646.69 as the 2/28 balance in the register.
>
> Any suggestions for some sane way to track down what seems like mass
> chaos?

I had similar issues with 2009's product. I would add in credit card
transactions & the register wouldn't add/subtract correctly. My work-around
was to exit the program & restart. Oila! all was well. However, Intuit
was no help in figuring out why.