From: JW on
If I upgrade to Quicken 2010 will I be able to import the data from my
Quicken 99 installation?
Anyone out there still using 99?

JW

From: My Group on
On Jan 11, 2:45 pm, "JW" <j...(a)ungodly.net> wrote:
> If I upgrade to Quicken 2010 will I be able to import the data from my
> Quicken 99 installation?
> Anyone out there still using 99?
>
> JW

JW:

Last week, I successfully upgraded from Quicken 98 to Quicken 2010,
without loosing any data. The upgrade process was simple, all I did
was to ask Q10 to open an existing data file and then select Q98 data
set. As always, take at least 2 or 3 backups on different media, to
handle any unknown surprises....

Hope this helps,
Arun
From: Keith Snyder on

"JW" <jw(a)ungodly.net> wrote in message
> If I upgrade to Quicken 2010 will I be able to import the data from my
> Quicken 99 installation?
> Anyone out there still using 99?
>
> JW

I just did "upgrade" from 99 to 2010. 99 data was imported fine, no problem
there.

But there are annoyances like not being able to adjust column width in
registers leading to crabbed
text, not being able to import downloaded QIF files. On the whole, Q2010
seems to be mostly
cosmetic changes.I would revert to 99, but for my first entry of the year,
Q99 could not find the
memorized transaction. I'm guessing that the two-digit years in Q99 start
causing problems in the year
2010. That's just a guess on my part.

Having just enough experience with Linux to be dangerous, I am now trying
GnuCash for Windows.
This is not an easy program to use, it was designed and coded by fanatic
CPAs. It has a steep learning
curve, so I don't recommend it for everybody. I mean, you really got to
study the Tutorial and wrap
your mind around accounting concepts. But at least it imports QIF files, OFX
files, and at least
one European file. And I have used it in Linux successfully.

From: JW on

"Keith Snyder" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message

> "JW" <jw(a)ungodly.net> wrote in message
>> If I upgrade to Quicken 2010 will I be able to import the data from my
>> Quicken 99 installation?
>> Anyone out there still using 99?
>>
>> JW
>
> I just did "upgrade" from 99 to 2010. 99 data was imported fine, no
> problem there.
>
> But there are annoyances like not being able to adjust column width in
> registers leading to crabbed
> text, not being able to import downloaded QIF files. On the whole, Q2010
> seems to be mostly
> cosmetic changes.I would revert to 99, but for my first entry of the year,
> Q99 could not find the
> memorized transaction. I'm guessing that the two-digit years in Q99 start
> causing problems in the year
> 2010. That's just a guess on my part.

Snip

I just added some 2010 transactions in 99 and they show up in the memorized
transactions. Also check to see if they pop up when I add a transaction
with the same payee and they do.

Thanks for the info on 2010.

JW

From: Keith Snyder on

> "Keith Snyder" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "JW" <jw(a)ungodly.net> wrote in message
>>> If I upgrade to Quicken 2010 will I be able to import the data from my
>>> Quicken 99 installation?
>>> Anyone out there still using 99?
>>>
>>> JW
>>
>> I just did "upgrade" from 99 to 2010. 99 data was imported fine, no
>> problem there.
>>
>> But there are annoyances like not being able to adjust column width in
>> registers leading to crabbed
>> text, not being able to import downloaded QIF files. On the whole, Q2010
>> seems to be mostly
>> cosmetic changes.I would revert to 99, but for my first entry of the
>> year, Q99 could not find the
>> memorized transaction. I'm guessing that the two-digit years in Q99 start
>> causing problems in the year
>> 2010. That's just a guess on my part.
>>
> Snip
>
> I just added some 2010 transactions in 99 and they show up in the
> memorized transactions. Also check to see if they pop up when I add a
> transaction with the same payee and they do.
>
> Thanks for the info on 2010.
>
> JW

Hmm. I might have had a glitch. Maybe I'll revert to 99 and try to get my
money back for 2010.