From: Del on

> CentOS is a free version RedHat Enterprise -- essentially just the Logos replaced.
> I am running CentOS 5.4 (the latest out). Version 5.0 was released in March 2007,
> they stick to the same version of things throughout releases. Version 6 is
> rumoured to be out in Q1 next year.
>
> I can't find someone who is offering php 5.2 (or 5.3) for this platform.

PHP 5.2 is in the c5-testing repo, you just have to enable that in your
/etc/yum.repos.d files.

PHP 5.3 for CentOS is here:

http://rpms.famillecollet.com/el5.i386/

--
Del
Babel Com Australia
From: Alain Williams on

> Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:09:40 +1100
> From: Del <del(a)babel.com.au>
> To: pear-general(a)lists.php.net
> Subject: Re: [PEAR] Quickform group rules

I missed this y/day.

> >CentOS is a free version RedHat Enterprise -- essentially just the Logos
> >replaced.
> >I am running CentOS 5.4 (the latest out). Version 5.0 was released in
> >March 2007,
> >they stick to the same version of things throughout releases. Version 6 is
> >rumoured to be out in Q1 next year.
> >
> >I can't find someone who is offering php 5.2 (or 5.3) for this platform.
>
> PHP 5.2 is in the c5-testing repo, you just have to enable that in your
> /etc/yum.repos.d files.

I can't find the c5-testing repo anywhere.

> PHP 5.3 for CentOS is here:
>
> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/el5.i386/

Just as I was completing a compile of php5.3 I came across IUS Community
http://iuscommunity.org/category/news/
This is new and is aiming to provide newer versions of things than comes with the OS.

I'll try quickform2 with one of these php5.3 in the next few days.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256 http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
From: Alain Williams on
On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 02:40:11PM +0300, Alexey Borzov wrote:
> Hi Alain,
>
> Alain Williams wrote:
> >>Consider using HTML_QuickForm2 instead, especially if you want to get rid
> >>of E_STRICT error messages. It *will* detect such things and won't add
> >>one
> >
> >I am using smarty - I can't see the smarty renderer. It might be simpler to
> >port that to PHP5 & QF2.

OK: I ported php 5.3 to CentOS and am puzzling on how to use QF2 with the
array renderer. I looked at the ArrayTest.php - and have got something out of
it that I could start to pick to bits, but that is just by seeing what
is in there and guessing -- not by *knowing* what should be in there and
using it.

It is there any decent documentation about this ?

It is something that I find really frustrating about PEAR - lots if nice stuff
but little real doumentation -- the phpDocumentor stuff just is not useful when
you are starting out trying to understand what the heck is going on.

Ideally the documentation should be written by the authors since they know
what the *intention* of everything is.

I have found this:
http://quickform.mamasam.com/wiki/doku.php
but it still doesn't really fit the bill.

Regards

From: Alexey Borzov on
Hi Alain,

Alain Williams wrote:
>>> I am using smarty - I can't see the smarty renderer. It might be simpler to
>>> port that to PHP5 & QF2.
>
> OK: I ported php 5.3 to CentOS and am puzzling on how to use QF2 with the
> array renderer. I looked at the ArrayTest.php - and have got something out of
> it that I could start to pick to bits, but that is just by seeing what
> is in there and guessing -- not by *knowing* what should be in there and
> using it.
>
> It is there any decent documentation about this ?

Not yet, it's 0.3.0-alpha for a reason, you know...

As for Array renderer, this is the direct port of Array renderer from QuickForm
3.x, so you can review the examples, docs and templates for that:
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.html.html-quickform.html-quickform-renderer-array.php
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pear/packages/HTML_QuickForm/trunk/docs/renderers/templates/smarty-dynamic.tpl?revision=165897&view=markup
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pear/packages/HTML_QuickForm/trunk/docs/renderers/SmartyDynamic_example.php?revision=236645&view=markup

The resultant array structure is a bit different, of course, since QuickForm2
uses fieldsets rather than headers and allows unlimited Container nesting.

BTW, I'm not familiar with current Smarty, but if it understands Iterators and
can call (and chain) object methods, then maybe no renderer is needed at all.

E.g.:
{$form->getElementById('myElement')->__toString()}

or:
{foreach from=$form item=element}
{$element->getLabel()}
{$element->__toString()}
{/foreach}

> Ideally the documentation should be written by the authors since they know
> what the *intention* of everything is.

This is a good excuse for not helping to write docs, I'll use it from this time
on. :]

> I have found this:
> http://quickform.mamasam.com/wiki/doku.php
> but it still doesn't really fit the bill.

That's mostly for planning and discussing implementation, yes. But we won't
object if someone starts sketching docs there.
From: Alain Williams on
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 06:42:47PM +0300, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Not yet, it's 0.3.0-alpha for a reason, you know...

Yes & I know that producing the documentation takes as long as writing the code,
I have done enough of that with some stuff that I have released GPL recently.

> As for Array renderer, this is the direct port of Array renderer from
> QuickForm 3.x, so you can review the examples, docs and templates for that:
> http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.html.html-quickform.html-quickform-renderer-array.php
> http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pear/packages/HTML_QuickForm/trunk/docs/renderers/templates/smarty-dynamic.tpl?revision=165897&view=markup
> http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pear/packages/HTML_QuickForm/trunk/docs/renderers/SmartyDynamic_example.php?revision=236645&view=markup
>
> The resultant array structure is a bit different, of course, since
> QuickForm2 uses fieldsets rather than headers and allows unlimited
> Container nesting.
>
> BTW, I'm not familiar with current Smarty, but if it understands Iterators
> and can call (and chain) object methods, then maybe no renderer is needed
> at all.

I am writing an renderer for Smarty - I have taken the array renderer and am modifying/butchering/... it.
I am aiming to product an array (which is what Smarty wants) that is compatible with current
Smarty templates -- ie you are going to need to change the PHP, but hopefully will
not have to change the templates.

I will, of course, release it back to this list when it works: for comment/correction and,
hopefully, inclusion into the main distribution.

Yes: I will document it, probably something along the lines, and expanded, of
my site which is the number 1 hit when I google ''smarty quickform example''.

> E.g.:
> {$form->getElementById('myElement')->__toString()}
>
> or:
> {foreach from=$form item=element}
> {$element->getLabel()}
> {$element->__toString()}
> {/foreach}

That may be posssible -- although I am trying to avoid changes to *existing* smarty templates.