From: gibbyC130 on
Hello,
I would like some information to run past my boss concerning investing in a
more improved and modern database. There are currently three sections that
have three very poorly built Microsoft excel spreadsheets. Each section has
between one to four shops that ether repair or procures assets. Currently,
each section has a excel worksheet that lists is not even a data base,
however I need to compile all three “excel products” for the weekly meeting.
I know just enough too know that there has to be a better way, but lack the
knowledge to build something like this myself.
Can someone look at a excel spreadsheet that I have and give me some
pointers or even make a small generic product that I can show my boss.
I don't know all the bells and whistles that access has to offer, so if
there is a freelancer that can create a database could you give us a quote on
what a product would cost.
Or if someone has a referral to a company that does this please let me know.

Sincerely
Brian

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
I'm sure there are several here that might help, but this forum is for free
assistance. If you are looking for paid assistance, I suggest that you look
into the signatures of those here and contact them. Be aware however, there
are those without skill who would take advantage of your company, so make
sure that you investigate the background of everyone before contacting them.
Put their name in Bing or Google in quotes and do your due diligence or you
will most certainly have an unpleasant experience.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Daniel Pineault on
As Arvin said, this is a free help ressource. That said, I like many here do
offer consulting services. Feel free to contact me by going to my website
(see below).

However, If you are willing, we can guide you through the process yourself.
Ask your questions, 1 by 1, and we will be more than happy to help you out.

The choice is yours.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"gibbyC130" <gibbyC130(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I would like some information to run past my boss concerning investing in
> more improved and modern database. There are currently three sections
> that
> have three very poorly built Microsoft excel spreadsheets. Each section
> has
> between one to four shops that ether repair or procures assets.
> Currently,
> each section has a excel worksheet that lists is not even a data base,
> however I need to compile all three “excel products” for the weekly
> meeting.
> I know just enough too know that there has to be a better way, but lack
> the
> knowledge to build something like this myself.
> Can someone look at a excel spreadsheet that I have and give me some
> pointers or even make a small generic product that I can show my boss.
> I don't know all the bells and whistles that access has to offer, so if
> there is a freelancer that can create a database could you give us a quote
> on
> what a product would cost.
> Or if someone has a referral to a company that does this please let me
> know.

You should be aware that the newsgroups are not really intended as a job
board, and if you want to undertake this project yourself, you will be able
to get plenty of free advice from the many helpful and knowledgeable posters
in the Access forums, myself included.

That said, if you still want to hire someone to do the work for you, many of
the posters here do consulting work. Check their signatures and, as Arvin
warns, their reputations.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com