From: Uncle Grumpy on
A RAM disk has no value in the use today's computers.

From: R. McCarty on
Concise, Global, Absolute answer - but totally lacking in supportive
evidence or personal experience to validate what you say.

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
anthony_arnold(a)newsgroups.nospam wrote:

> I have noticed that Windows XP and 2003 come with a RAM Disk driver. I
> have installed the Windows RAM Disk Controller and the Windows RAM
> Disk Device (Volume) but I don't seem to have created a RAM disk. I
> have looked at KB257405 which gives the Windows 2000 sample RAM Disk
> driver and used these registry settings with no sucess.
>
> Can someone please tell me how to get the RAM Disk driver working with
> Windows XP and 2003 or tell me that it is not possible to get this
> driver working. I know that there are a number of free / commercial
> RAM Disks on the market, however I'd rath stick to a driver that is
> built into Windows.

Except for a rare person with very special needs, or someone with
substantially more RAM than he needs, using a RAM disk is counterproductive
in Winodws. What do you want to use this RAM disk for?

Please reply to the newsgroup

From: Uncle Grumpy on
R. McCarty wrote:

> Concise, Global, Absolute answer - but totally lacking in supportive
> evidence or personal experience to validate what you say.

S O F U C K I N G W H A T ? ? ?

I'm right. That's all that matters.