From: Michael Wood on
Hi

2010/5/18 Viatte Frédéric <Frederic.Viatte(a)rpn.ch>:
> Hello
>
> Thank you for your quick response!
>
> Right?. The full name of my server is: server-tpi.domaine.ch
>
> I put as a command:. / Setup / provision - realm = DOMAINE.CH - domain = DOMAIN - adminpass = Pass2010 - server-role = 'domain controller'
>
> The information I entered is correct?

It is normal for the Windows domain name to be the same as the first
part of the realm name. So you are missing the "E" from
--domain=DOMAIN. But as tms3 says it can work even if they do not
match.

When I tried running provision, I had the Windows DOMAIN the same as
the first part of the REALM and the DNS domain was the same as the
realm (except lowercase).

I also had to use --target-dir=/usr/local/samba4 (where I installed
Samba4) when I ran provision.

> And here is my host file after installing my DNS and samba:
[...]
> 127.0.0.2 SERVER-SERVER TPI.DOMAINE.CH-TPI
> 192.168.1.100 SERVER-SERVER-TPI TPI
> 192.168.1.100 SERVER-SERVER-TPI TPI
>
> Something seems strange to me .. what is your opinion?

Installing DNS (bind9) or Samba should not affect your hosts file, so
your hosts file will have looked like that before installing DNS and
Samba too. If your DNS is working correctly then you can remove the
entries for 192.168.1.100 from your hosts file. Even if you wanted to
keep it there, you would only need one of them. Not two. Also, if
you keep it in /etc/hosts, it should probably match the DNS entry.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(a)gmail.com>