From: Viatte Frédéric on
I think that sends the image I walked, this is the first error:

Naming Information Can not Be Located Because:
The specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted.
Contact your system administrator ....

Error 2

The following domain controller could not be contacted:SERVEUR-TPI.DOMAINE.CH.
Access denied

Thanks

That I think I found, I thought my DNS was set up well since the nslookup walked and I could connect to the Domain. For her that I skipped step 8!

I tried to add the file "/etc/named.conf" line

include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";

but when I restart my DNS server, I get this error :

Error occurred while starting named service.
Error: / usr / local / samba / private / named.conf: 14: open: / usr / local / samba / private / named.conf.update: file not found

At home in the "private" you have a file named "named.conf.update"?

Thank you for your help!

2010/5/19 Viatte Frédéric <Frederic.Viatte(a)rpn.ch>:
> I think that sends the image I walked, this is the first error:
>
> Naming Information Can not Be Located Because:
> The specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted.
> Contact your system administrator ....
>
> Error 2
>
> The following domain controller could not be contacted:SERVEUR-TPI.DOMAINE.CH.
> Access denied
>
> Thanks

Do the DNS tests in step 8 of the howto
(http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Step_8_Configure_DNS)
work from both the Samba4 server and also from the Windows machine?
For the Windows machine you will need to use "nslookup" instead of
"host".

e.g.:

C:\>nslookup
Default Server: serveur-tpi.domaine.ch
Address: 192.168.1.100

> set type=srv
> _ldap._tcp.domaine.ch.
[...]

Do the Kerberos tests in step 9 of the HOWTO work?

Is the Windows machine joined to the domain?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(a)gmail.com>
I solved this error, but I have another one now, here it is:

Error occurred while starting named service.
Error: / usr / local / samba / private / named.conf: 6: unknown option 'zone'

I tried to send you my file "named.conf" file "private" I do not know if you've received?

Thank you

2010/5/19 Viatte Frédéric <Frederic.Viatte(a)rpn.ch>:
> I think that sends the image I walked, this is the first error:
>
> Naming Information Can not Be Located Because:
> The specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted.
> Contact your system administrator ....
>
> Error 2
>
> The following domain controller could not be contacted:SERVEUR-TPI.DOMAINE.CH.
> Access denied
>
> Thanks

Do the DNS tests in step 8 of the howto
(http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Step_8_Configure_DNS)
work from both the Samba4 server and also from the Windows machine?
For the Windows machine you will need to use "nslookup" instead of
"host".

e.g.:

C:\>nslookup
Address: 192.168.1.100