From: Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator on
Hi,

I never got into that wins topic. In the config of the samba server
there is:

grep wins /etc/samba/smb.conf

name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
wins proxy = yes
wins support = yes

What may I check/setup?

THX . Götz

From: Stéphane PURNELLE on
With theses parameters, your PDC act as a wins server.
If you make ps ax | gre ppnmbd you will sees 2 nmbd process.

And for client you must configure client for connect to wins server.
If you have a dhcp, add wins address to the configuration or if you work
with static ip and wins reccord to the ip configuration on your client.

Other tips :

be sure that in your ldap tree, you have a account for your workstation
like workstation-nameC$

-----------------------------------

samba-bounces(a)lists.samba.org wrote on 15/07/2010 17:22:39:

> [...]
> >>
> >> Tel. +49 7141 969 420
> >> Fax +49 7141 969 55 420
> >> E-Mail goetz.reinicke(a)filmakademie.de
> >>
> >> Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
> >> Akademiehof 10
> >> 71638 Ludwigsburg
> >> www.filmakademie.de
> >>
> >> Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
> >> Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
> >> Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
> >>
> >> Geschäftsführer:
> >> Prof. Thomas Schadt
> >>
> >> --

> Götz Reinicke
> IT-Koordinator
>
> Tel. +49 7141 969 420
> Fax +49 7141 969 55 420
> E-Mail goetz.reinicke(a)filmakademie.de
>
> Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
> Akademiehof 10
> 71638 Ludwigsburg
> www.filmakademie.de
>
> Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Hi,

thanks for pointing me into the right direction!

I corrected the missing DHCP/WINS settings and now I can log in to the
XP client.

But now I do get a message, that the server profile can't be found and
the users home share is not connected to.

As fas as I can see, the paths are there and the permissions are right.

Any hints on that?

More kotaus and best regards,

Götz