From: hgabert on
A graph of 'RE(V(X))' or 'IM(V(X))' results in incorrect displays of
the graphs for X<0 (not defined for RE, and 0 for IM).

(V is the sqrt symbol).

This is also wrong in the table app.

I tried various flag settings (-115, -119, -128), but to no avail.

Also,

'RE(V(X))'
{ X -2 }

doesn't work correctly, if flag -128 is set. The result should be 0,
but what is returned is V-2.

And

'IM(V(X))'
{ X -2 }

returns 0, but what should be returned is V2.

From: JohnnySavs on
According to the advanced user's ref guide:

"If the argument is an array, IM returns a real array, the elements of
which are equal to the
imaginary parts of the corresponding elements of the argument array.
If the argument array is
real, all of the elements of the result array are zero."

Similar for RE().

Essentially, IM() and RE() are looking for paired entries. Perhaps
you can write some function to output (1.41,-1) instead of 1.41*i, etc?
From: hgabert on
On Feb 10, 2:56 pm, JohnnySavs <jms...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the advanced user's ref guide:
>
> "If the argument is an array, IM returns a real array, the elements of
> which are equal to the
> imaginary parts of the corresponding elements of the argument array.
> If the argument array is
> real, all of the elements of the result array are zero."
>
> Similar for RE().
>
> Essentially, IM() and RE() are looking for paired entries.  Perhaps
> you can write some function to output (1.41,-1) instead of 1.41*i, etc?

I don't think you understand. Please read again what I posted. Try
graphing 'RE(V(X))', V being the square root symbol. What do you get
for X<0? Undefined? That's what's wrong.

This has nothing to do with arrays, by the way.

From: HM on
On 11 Feb, 00:20, "hgab...(a)xmission.com" <hgab...(a)xmission.com> wrote:

> I don't think you understand.  Please read again what I posted.  Try
> graphing 'RE(V(X))', V being the square root symbol.  What do you get
> for X<0?  Undefined?  That's what's wrong.
>
> This has nothing to do with arrays, by the way.

Graphing this program in RPN mode works OK:

<< X 0.5 ^ RE >>

From: Andreas Möller on
Hello,

just a thought, I have not tried it but if
> << X 0.5 ^ RE >>
works which is using real numbers (the numbers with a dot, even if you
are using a real interger) than how does
'RE(V(X))' or 'IM(V(X))'
works if you feed it with real numbers (e.g. 2. and not 2) or if you
set system flag 105 ?

If this works than simply the 'Convert ZINT to a real' code has been
forgoten.

Regards,
Andreas
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de/