From: Frank M on
I try to replace my Resources (Icons, BMP) load from a linked Librarie
to a replaceable DLL.

I found the Code from Geoff Schaller in this NG:

CLASS ICON1 Inherit Icon
METHOD Init() CLASS ICON1

SUPER:Init(ResourceID{"ICON1",GetModuleHandle(psz(_cast,"MyIconset1.DLL"))})
RETURN SELF

That work´s when i use the Icon for Windows Icon or Buttons.
But when i try to use this to show a FixedIcon, no Icon is show.

What is the Problem? Is there a better way to do that?

Frank

From: Geoff Schaller on
Frank,

There is absolutely no difference.

Well there is a difference in that you will need to supply the resource
in the PostInit of the window because the default constructor the WED
produces assumes a local resource. Check out the example in the online
help. Any further questions will require you to show us your constructor
code.

Geoff

From: Darmadi on
Hi Frank,

This what I'm doing in FixedBitmap:

oResourceFile := ResourceFile{"GFResour.DLL"}
oDCButtonBukaData:SetBitmap( Bitmap{ ResourceID{ "IMAGE_OPENDATA",
oResourceFile } } )

Darmadi

From: Frank M on
Geoff,

my Init Method is ever the same:

oDCICON1 := FIXEDICON{SELF,ResourceID{NEWWINDOW1_ICON1,_GetInst()}}
oDCICON1:HyperLabel :=
HyperLabel{#ICON1,"ICON1",NULL_STRING,NULL_STRING}

and, when i set the Icon in Postinit new, it works.
If have not found at first the SetIcon Method.

method PostInit(oParent,uExtra) class NewWindow1
//Put your PostInit additions here
self:oDCICON1:SetIcon(ICON1{})
return NIL

Frank