From: "gmx" on
Dear list,

In our postfix configs, we use multiple queries based on the mysql_table
that only differ by the postfix listener port as configured in the master.cf
..

So as per http://www.postfix.org/mysql_table.5.html if instead of the query
containing each a different hard coded

... where port = 2025

or

... where port = 2026
or

... where port = 2027

we could have just one query with

... where port = %p

So the request is to not only allow for %s, %u, %d, ... but also the new %p
that is no longer directly dependent on the "input key".
What do you think of this "Request for enhancement"?

Ralf

--
https://www.privasphere.com/hauser(a)acm.org

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 05:47:25PM +0200, gmx wrote:

> In our postfix configs, we use multiple queries based on the mysql_table
> that only differ by the postfix listener port as configured in the
> master.cf.

Generally, users (should and do) combine "mysql" tables with "proxy:"
prefixes to reduce the concurrency load on the MySQL server. In this
case the proxymap(8) service that actually performs the lookup has
no idea which SMTP server port is associated with the query.

The proposed feature has no robust user interface, so it is not viable.

Also the Postfix dictionary layer is abstracted far below the individual
services that use it, and so does not and should not have service-specific
behaviour.

--
Viktor.