From: Josh Cason on
I decided to impliment some new security and remove pop-before-smtp.
But I have some dialup users and some of them use email. The company
I'm going through is global pops. I would like to add there iprange to
postfix as allowed users. I looked at /etc/postfix/access list example
192.168.0.1 OK but this is per user. Not a range and ofcoures I do not
want to add this to the mynetwork file. So unless I missed it. Is
there a place to specify a range?

Thanks,

Josh

dangerous content by Mychoice, and is
believed to be clean.

From: Jeroen Geilman on
On 06/03/2010 08:51 PM, Josh Cason wrote:
> I decided to impliment some new security and remove pop-before-smtp.
> But I have some dialup users and some of them use email. The company
> I'm going through is global pops. I would like to add there iprange to
> postfix as allowed users. I looked at /etc/postfix/access list example
> 192.168.0.1 OK but this is per user. Not a range and ofcoures I do not
> want to add this to the mynetwork file. So unless I missed it. Is
> there a place to specify a range?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh

External users ("road warriors") should use submission in combination
with SASL/TLS.

Adding ranges of IPs that are not under your control to mynetworks opens
you up to any abuse those IPs might unleash.

J.

From: Matt Hayes on
On 6/3/2010 2:51 PM, Josh Cason wrote:
> I decided to impliment some new security and remove pop-before-smtp. But
> I have some dialup users and some of them use email. The company I'm
> going through is global pops. I would like to add there iprange to
> postfix as allowed users. I looked at /etc/postfix/access list example
> 192.168.0.1 OK but this is per user. Not a range and ofcoures I do not
> want to add this to the mynetwork file. So unless I missed it. Is there
> a place to specify a range?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh

Josh,

You'd be better off reading up on smtp auth and using the submission
port than trying to add ranges of dialup users to postfix.

This would 1) force users to authenticate to relay email and 2) you
wouldn't have to track ip ranges if they changed.

-Matt