From: Volker Lendecke on
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 06:48:09PM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Volker Lendecke
> > <Volker.Lendecke(a)sernet.de> wrote:
>
> >> http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/3.5/src/rpm/samba3-3.5.2-43.suse91.src.rpm
> >>
> >> Odd name to build on CentOS, but we build all RPMs from a
> >> single source RPM and pick one to upload.
> >>
> >> Volker
>
> Volker, this SRPM does *not* compile on clean RHEL 5.4 x86_64, neither
> from my command line nor in a "mock" configuration. It seems to rely
> on interpreting various config files to decide whether it is RHEL, and
> then to decide whether to build debuginfo as a separate component, and
> it fails on the resulting duplicate debuginfo compilation.
>
> Given that you haven't published the actual SRPM used referred to by
> your RPM's, and that I can't compile the SRPM you did publish, I don't
> feel I can use this package. Moreover, if this isn't actually the SRPM
> you used, you may be in violation of the GPL. (Not deliberately, of
> course!!!)
>
> Can you publish the actual SRPM built for RHEL 5, or explain how you
> were able to compile this package for RHEL 5?

All I can say at this moment is that according to our
internal procedures, the source RPM I referred you to is the
one we are building from. I will investigate if something
went wrong in posting this to the ftp server. We will
certainly do everything necessary to ship the source code
for the binaries you can download from our website to comply
with the GPL.

Can you please post the specific error message you are
getting? It might be that our BuildRequires: line in the
specfile is not correct or something else in our build
environment is different than your host.

Thanks,

Volker

Pages: 1
Prev: [Samba] (no subject)