From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
|I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/
|
| DLLHelp
|
| The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
| accessible.

That SUCKS!!!

Granted MSFT had not been updating that database as of late, but it was
still very helpful. I guess they figure since their direction is all
Flamework related, DLL hell was no longer an issue.

Not.

From: MM on
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:18:36 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com>
wrote:

>I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/
>
>DLLHelp
>
>The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
>accessible.

Microsoft always destroy their best stuff. They are not right in the
head.

MM
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote:

>I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/
>
>DLLHelp
>
>The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
>accessible.

I would've liked to see it continue but for as long as I've been
viewing the data in it it's only had about 50% or 60% of the data in
it. At least as far as the DLLs go I cared about in the Access world.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: MM on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:46:34 -0700, "Tony Toews [MVP]"
<ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote:
>
>>I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/
>>
>>DLLHelp
>>
>>The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
>>accessible.
>
>I would've liked to see it continue but for as long as I've been
>viewing the data in it it's only had about 50% or 60% of the data in
>it. At least as far as the DLLs go I cared about in the Access world.
>
>Tony

Is it still on the Wayback Machine, by any chance?

MM
From: Nobody on
"MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it still on the Wayback Machine, by any chance?

Nope. The page retrieves information from a database, which is not
accessible to the web bots. I already checked the archive anyway. Perhaps
someone could make a similar web page available. There is Ad revenue in it
after all.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: vb6