From: The Magnet on

Hi,

We are running RMAN on 10gR2 without a recovery catalog. Everything
will be running fine, maybe for days or weeks. Then RMAN comes up
with errors like this:

RMAN-06207: WARNING: 33 objects could not be deleted for DISK
channel(s) due
RMAN-06208: to mismatched status. Use CROSSCHECK command to
fix status

Why randomly does RMAN decide to throw errors? We use the following
script of select / parse to make a report of results:

SELECT REPLACE(session_recid ||':'|| operation ||':'|| object_type
||':'|| status,' ','-') || ':|'
FROM v$rman_status
WHERE TRUNC(start_time) = TRUNC(SYSDATE);

Thoughts?

From: Arne Ortlinghaus on
Hi "Magnet",
in our RMAN scripts we have added the following commands before making a new
backup:

delete obsolete;
crosscheck backup;
change archivelog all crosscheck;
delete expired backup;

Arne Ortlinghaus
ACS Data Systems

From: joel garry on
On Jun 21, 6:15 am, The Magnet <a...(a)unsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running RMAN on 10gR2 without a recovery catalog.  Everything
> will be running fine, maybe for days or weeks.  Then RMAN comes up
> with errors like this:
>
> RMAN-06207: WARNING: 33 objects could not be deleted for DISK
> channel(s) due
> RMAN-06208:          to mismatched status.  Use CROSSCHECK command to
> fix status
>
> Why randomly does RMAN decide to throw errors?  We use the following
> script of select / parse to make a report of results:
>
> SELECT REPLACE(session_recid ||':'|| operation ||':'|| object_type
> ||':'|| status,' ','-') || ':|'
> FROM v$rman_status
> WHERE TRUNC(start_time) = TRUNC(SYSDATE);
>
> Thoughts?

Possible problems you haven't told us enough to discount are:

You are deleting things with the OS and there is an error in your
logic, or a conflict with retention time.

Standby db or you've enabled and disabled an archive destination.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jun/20/app-helps-drivers-avoid-trouble-traffic-and-cops/
From: John Hurley on
Magnet:

> We are running RMAN on 10gR2 without a recovery catalog.  Everything
> will be running fine, maybe for days or weeks.  Then RMAN comes up
> with errors like this:
>
> RMAN-06207: WARNING: 33 objects could not be deleted for DISK
> channel(s) due
> RMAN-06208:          to mismatched status.  Use CROSSCHECK command to
> fix status
>
> Why randomly does RMAN decide to throw errors?  We use the following
> script of select / parse to make a report of results:
>
> SELECT REPLACE(session_recid ||':'|| operation ||':'|| object_type
> FROM v$rman_status
> WHERE TRUNC(start_time) = TRUNC(SYSDATE);
>
> Thoughts?

If RMAN is telling you that you are missing CROSSCHECKs somewhere ...
you are probably missing CROSSCHECKs somewhere.

Maybe some combination of scheduled stuff and some people doing some
things manually? Possibly some jobs in the database scheduler failing
from time to time?