From: PaulW on
We are in need of help with a problem dealing with RMO conflict resolvers in
merge replication. This is our first shot at it so we may have missed
something simple. We created a RMO conflict resolver in SQL 2008 SP1:

Imports System.Reflection

<Assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("ConflictResolvers.snk")>

Namespace Progeny.NITSS.ConflictResolvers

Public Class HardwareDetails

Inherits BusinessLogicModule

The assembly was signed with a strong name key file, Visual Studio
properties, Signing. The dll (ConflictResolvers .dll) was registered and
assigned to an article:

RegistrationHandler. AddRegistration

RegistrationHandler. AssignToArticle

The assembly(ConflictResolvers.dll) was then added to the GAC:

gacUtil /i ConflictResolvers.dll

We verified that it appeared in the list of items in the GAC.

When we run the merge replication job, we get an error:

2010-03-09 14:57:48.634 Error loading custom assembly
"ConflictResolvers.dll", Error : "Could not load file or assembly
'ConflictResolvers.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find
the file specified.".

2010-03-09 14:57:48.759 Category:NULL

Source: Merge Process

Number: -2147467259

Message: Error loading custom assembly "ConflictResolvers.dll", Error :
"Could not load file or assembly 'ConflictResolvers.dll' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".

2010-03-09 14:57:48.822 Category:NULL

Source: Merge Process

Number: -2147199414

tia

Paul W.

From: PaulW on
I goofed on some of the names, here is a repost with the correct names.

We are in need of help with a problem dealing with RMO conflict resolvers in
merge replication. We created a class library in Visual Studio and signed it
with a strong name key. The dll was then registered with the
distributor/publication using RMO calls. We registered the dll in the GAC.

Imports System.Reflection

<Assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("ConflictResolvers.snk")>

Public Class HardwareDetails

Inherits BusinessLogicModule

.

End Class

We set the business logic handler and article using the following two calls,
we attached the two files:

DistributionDatabase. RegisterBusinessLogicHandler

MergeArticle. ArticleResolver

After verifying that the dll is registered in the gac, we attemp to run the
merge replication job and get the error:

"PaulW" <MSNewsGroup(a)Digi-Sol.com> wrote in message

From: PaulW on
We have made it on step further, but still are in need of help.

Imports System.Reflection

<Assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("ConflictResolvers.snk")>

Public Class HardwareDetails

Inherits BusinessLogicModule

.

End Class

We set the business logic handler and article using the following two calls,
we attached the two files:

DistributionDatabase. RegisterBusinessLogicHandler

MergeArticle. ArticleResolver

After verifying that the dll is registered in the gac, we attempt to run the
merge replication job and get the error:

010-03-10 13:48:00.322 Error loading custom class
"Progeny.NITSS.ConflictResolvers.HardwareDetails" from custom assembly
"E:\MSSQL\ConflictResolvers\ConflictResolvers.dll", Error : "Could not load
type 'Progeny.NITSS.ConflictResolvers.HardwareDetails' from assembly
'ConflictResolvers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=c3fec6b9867b9e16'.".

2010-03-10 13:48:02.916 Category:NULL

Source: Merge Process

Number: -2147467259

Message: Error loading custom class
"Progeny.NITSS.ConflictResolvers.HardwareDetails" from custom assembly
"E:\MSSQL\ConflictResolvers\ConflictResolvers.dll", Error : "Could not load
type 'Progeny.NITSS.ConflictResolvers.HardwareDetails' from assembly
'ConflictResolvers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=c3fec6b9867b9e16'.".

2010-03-10 13:48:03.009 Category:NULL

Source: Merge Process

Number: -2147199414

Message: The Merge Agent encountered an error when executing code in the
HandledChangeStates property implemented in the business logic handler
'E:\MSSQL\ConflictResolvers\ConflictResolvers.dll'. Ensure that the
overridden HandledChangeStates property has been properly implemented in the
business logic handler.

We verified that HandledChangeStates has been set.

Thanks,

Paul W.