From: Chris Cox on
On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 02:14 +0000, David Combs wrote:

> MORE NEWS: This sunservice via outside vendors LAYOFFS is really HUGE.
>
> Really sucks -- no way sun's own employees can pick up the slack,
> especially I hear that they are held in reserve for the really
> complex customer-problems. So now they'll have to be explaining
> what a file is?
>
> Considerable concern that Oracle-guy wants out of hardware, maybe
> just let Fujitsu build the stuff. (rumor, of course) (the above
> firing is not rumor, not anymore, it appears).
>
> (Major question: then why the hell did he ever BUY Sun?)

I'm a sysadmin for a major sw company. We have an internal portal
server that has been given some interesting names throughout the years.

We started about 6-7 years ago with:

fiorina

Then we upgraded, changed hw and we renamed it to:

schwartz

our plan for the next name is:

ellison

Anyway, you get the idea....