From: Jaeger on
I am struggling to figure out how to make features radially (extrusions
& cuts). I am working with cylindrical parts that must mesh with each
other in a cam/gear like mechanism. For the parts to align properly the
features must all work out radially from the part. Any thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
Jaeger
From: johnsuth on
In <OuJRm.56188$PH1.55354(a)edtnps82>, Jaeger <gone.skiing(a)canada.com> writes:
>I am struggling to figure out how to make features radially (extrusions
>& cuts). I am working with cylindrical parts that must mesh with each
>other in a cam/gear like mechanism. For the parts to align properly the
>features must all work out radially from the part. Any thoughts.
>Thanks in advance.
>Jaeger

Suppose you create a thin shell polygon coaxial with your base cylinder, then
sketch the profiles of the radial features on the flat faces of the polygon and
extrude them. There are multi-body tools for trimming the excess extrusion.