From: Dustin Cook on
Anne Onime <anonymous(a)rip.ax.lt> wrote in

> (On this page, Raid/Dustin Cook cackles and taunts a person
> whose comp is infect with his Krile virus. The entire page is
> Raid enjoying himself while his virus destroys the man's data.)

Krile was harmless. It didn't contain any destructive payloads.

Here's the thread you should have posted: I probably saved people some
hard earned cash, they didn't buy invircible after this incident.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2000985.php

Let me quote you something ontopic; discussing Krile...

To see whether Invircible could detect any virus, prevent its
propagation and restore the infected files as promised, I used the KRiLE
virus. KRiLE attacks executables in the PATH variable, encrypting the
first 5,696 bytes of it. Because Invircible's lack of memory resident
protection, KRiLE was able to infect as many files it liked. These
included the Invircible Dos programs, unfortunately. The Dos and Windows
integrity checkers showed that some executables had grown by 5696 bytes,
and gave me the option of restoring them. Both programs claimed success,
but executing the restored files showed that they didn't work.

An email from the Invircible developer, Zvi Netiv, confirmed that this
is how the program works. Invircible doesn't prevent virus infections,
it only tries to recover from them. Files infected by non-overwriting
infectors stand a better chance being recovered by IVB/IVB32. Without
testing each and every virus on the Wild List it's hard to say exactly
what the chances are. However, it is safe to say that Invircible does
not 'find and repair all viruses known and unknown'. (On a side note,
IVB restored virus infections to several files that had been disinfected
by other AV utilities.)

I know, you still think i'm some crazy sociopath or something; but.. I'm
not... Even then, I hated liars like Zvi Netiv.

--
Are you a former BBSer? Want to go back in time to the old days of
ANSI and Renegade? Fire up telnet and go here then: ttb.slyip.com

From: Dustin Cook on
Anne Onime <anonymous(a)rip.ax.lt> wrote in

> (On this page, Raid/Dustin Cook cackles and taunts a person

*shrug*. Good attempt again at misleading and misdirection. You'll probably
lure a few more of the ignorant masses in.. sucker born every minute n all.

But, in the meantime, have a nice little glance of what New Zealand PC
Magazine thought of invircible.. :)

"However, after extensive testing, NZ PC World reached the conclusion
that Invircible is a poor anti-virus program that doesn't work as
advertised and offers substandard protection against viruses. We advise
readers to avoid it."

So much for your AV expert handing me anything, newbie.