From: dwn on

I have an issue with anti Virus softwares' and MS wireless optical mouse. I
installed paid Kaspersky together MS Essential. Both monitors my laptop Dell
D600 continuously (resident). The laptop slow down considerable to a point the
wireless optical mouse's buttons become almost unless. Further, starting and
shutting down took longer. The situations improve without the 200Gb external
USB hard drive.

Dell D600 has two USB ports and I need three USB ports. I attach the wireless
mouse either to a PMIC USB port or powered USB hub. I even tried without
external USB ports and 200Gb HD still the wireless mouse's buttons are less than
70% efficient.

Should I junk the wireless mouse and get a P/S mouse, config Kaspersky
differently or maybe a patched for the MS wireless optical mouse, USB or
whatever? Any suggestion or advice greatly appreciate.

Thanks

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "FredW" <fredw(a)blackholespam.net>

| On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 03:53:57 -0700, dwn <ddwnns(a)nonet.net> wrote:

>>I have an issue with anti Virus softwares' and MS wireless optical mouse. I
>>installed paid Kaspersky together MS Essential.

>>The laptop slow down considerable .........

| It is not wise to have two av-programs running (Kaspersky and MSE).
| Usually the fight with each other and
| *can* slow the compute down, as you noticed.

| Choose one and remove the other!

Exactly. Keep Kaspersky, drop MSE.

--
Dave

From: dwn on
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:45:14 +0200, FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 03:53:57 -0700, dwn <ddwnns(a)nonet.net> wrote:
>

>>I have an issue with anti Virus softwares' and MS wireless optical mouse. I
>>installed paid Kaspersky together MS Essential.
>
>>The laptop slow down considerable .........
>
>It is not wise to have two av-programs running (Kaspersky and MSE).
>Usually the fight with each other and
>*can* slow the compute down, as you noticed.
>
>Choose one and remove the other!

I checked again and found I did not installed the MS Essential
but only Kaspersky. So the issue is Kaspersky. I would prefer
to get rid of all anti-virus stuff. Damn it, if you do and damn it
if you don't!

Thanks