From: Terry Porter on
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:34:29 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

> 7 wrote:
>> Random Hesitations: The new threat to windummy productivity in the
>> office

>> Windummy OSen loaded PCs are known to the word as a two bit OS that
>> hesitates for just about every operation.
>

> Yeah, Windows is really annoying and buggy. But it's still better than
> Linux for the typical user, or for commercial use.

Hahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahaah, gasp ... spit, cough, ... choke,
spit!

Ahh I needed that.

Thanks for the laugh, because I haven't heard such a load of utter
nonsense, since Ballmer threatened to 'kill' Google.

Window is pribably better than the Black Death, tho I'd have to carefully
weigh up all the pros and cons before I could be certain.

--
This quadcore running Gnu/Linux Archlinux 2009.08 X86_64 and posting via
Pan.

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 15:31:33 +0100, scbs29 wrote:

> Basically, some people prefer Windows and some prefer Linux. So what ?

Any Mac fans out there we can drag into the fight?

> I realise of course that I will now probably get flamed by people who
> are convinced that their choice of OS is the "only way to salvation"

Fight! Fight! FIGHT!!

--
David Cowie http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidcowie/

Containment Failure + 55992:03
From: Tony van der Hoff on
On 04/04/10 15:31, scbs29 wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:28:36 +0000, 7
> <website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:
[snip]

> I realise of course that I will now probably get flamed by people who
> are convinced that their choice of OS is the "only way to salvation"

No, you won't get flamed (by me, at any rate) for that reason. You *do*
deserve a flaming, however, for posting this on u.c.o.l. For very
similar reasons to those you give, I have everything cross-posted to
*.advocacy killfiled, and am thus spared from such trash.

Until, of course someone, i.e. yourself, takes it upon themselves to
respond to those messages they profess to abhor, and in addition trims
the cross-posting. Why couldn't you just ignore it, and save the pain.

Your saving grace is that you didn't quote the whole message, but
nonetheless, you're almost as bad as the OP, and his fans, in
propagating any of it. Please don't!
From: Terry Porter on
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 22:31:19 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:

>>> Yeah, Windows is really annoying and buggy. But it's still better
>>> than Linux for the typical user, or for commercial use.
>>
>> Hahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahaah, gasp ... spit, cough, ...
>> choke, spit!
>>
>> Ahh I needed that.
>
> Good, you laugh away while Windows 7 dominates the PC landscape.

Actually it's Windows XP that *dominates* the landscape, little Vista7
troll.

> After
> all, why waste time wondering why the real world doesn't understand
> Linux,

You're not even a good troll, you should hang your head in shame.

Take note:-
The world understood the Amiga
The world understood the Atari
The world understood the Comodore Pet
The world understood the Osbourne 1
The world understood the EeePC running Xandros and tens of millions were
sold .

Where are they all now ?
Hint: it's hard to understand what you can't see or know about.

> when it's easier to just blame them for that.

I'm just blaming you for your lacklustre and childish Linux troll attempt
right now.

7 wrote:
> John Williamson wrote:
>>>
>> Egosys WamiBox and a Lexicon Omega. Both seem to work as standard 16
>> bit, 44.1KHz interfaces only, the Lexicon hardware is capable of
>> recording up to four channels of 24 bit, 48KHz under Windows XP, the
>> WamiBox soft synth and DSP farm are totally inaccessible under Linux.
>

> Bollox 2 U 2!!
> They are not run of the mill devices flat cake.

They are for users that do what I do.

But your claim was that *all* devices are automatically installed and
work under Ubuntu. You obviously forgot to add "as long as they are on
the very limited HCL."

>> The cellphone is a Nokia 9500, the PDAs run Windows Mobile 2003 or 5.
>>
>> These items were bought for facilities they offered that could be
>> obtained nowhere else at the time,
>

> So they are cutting edge stuff and not run of the mill.
> Obviously you had to lie about your stuff as being
> run of the mill as an outdated asstroturfing way of getting attention.

They *were* cutting edge when bought, but have *never* been fully
supported. But, I say again, you claimed that *all* hardware was plug
and play under Linux.

Windows Mobile is neither cutting edge nor rare, nor is are Nokia
cellphones.

Thank you for confirming the accuracy of my argument.

> And obviously you can't be trusted
> to buy Linux HCL compatible hardware.
>
> I'm posting this from a Sheevaplug and obviously the features
> such as it being a 5W server cannot be obtained from nowhere at this time
> except through Linux.

http://www.casaguemes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=58

"The server upon which this website is residing is a 5-watt Fit-PC
Server running Windows XP, XAMPP and Joomla."

Oops.

I notice that you agree with me about support for laptops being buggy
and patchy too, even where Linux is installed by the makers.

Thank you again for your help in promoting Windows.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.