From: clamberti on
I am trying to rank order data so that there are no ties.
If there is a tie in the score (column A) then Yes precedes No in column B.
If there is still a tie Yes precedes No in column C.
If there is still a tie rank order descending in column D.
If there is still a tie rank order descending in column E.
If there is still a tie rank order descending in column F.
If there is still a tie mark "Tie - rank #"

I cannot sort and filter as this is a very large spreadsheet and I need it
to do it automatically for someone who only knows how to enter data on Excel.

I have managed to rank and mark tie but not take into consideration other
columns with text.

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$300,A2)=1, RANK(A2,$A$2:$A$300), "Tie -
"&RANK(A2,$A$2:$A$300))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
clamberti
From: Bernd P on
Hello Clamberti,

I suggest to have a look at the more complex example on
http://sulprobil.com/html/sorting.html
if you do not have too many rows of data.

For your conditions it would be a monster formula of about 6
Sumproducts.

But this might still be the "easiest" solution.

Let me know if you need further help.

Regards,
Bernd
From: clamberti on
Thank you very much. The website you listed has given me all the information
I need and everything works automatically now.

Thank you
--
clamberti

From: Bernd P on
On 6 Mai, 10:44, clamberti <clambe...(a)qegs.cumbria.sch.uk(donotspam)>
wrote:
> Thank you very much. The website you listed has given me all the information
> I need and everything works automatically now.
>
> Thank you
> --
> clamberti
>

> "Bernd P" wrote:
> > Hello Clamberti,
>
> > I suggest to have a look at the more complex example on
> >http://sulprobil.com/html/sorting.html
> > if you do not have too many rows of data.
>
> > For your conditions it would be a monster formula of about 6
> > Sumproducts.
>
> > But this might still be the "easiest" solution.
>
> > Let me know if you need further help.
>
> > Regards,
> > Bernd
> > .- Zitierten Text ausblenden -