From: Smooth813 on
Basically, I am trying to rank a range of numbers, but when there are two
numbers of the same value, I don't want the number that is returned to be
their exact rank. Instead, I want ONLY number that have equal value to be .5
less than the value given. So, if I have two number that are equal, instead
of being ranked "9" or something, I want them to be ranked "8.5". I still
want numbers that are by themselves to be ranked wholly.

I have been using the Rank function, but I don't know how to incorporate it
so that it changes values if they are equal. My first thought was an array
of IF functions, but I was hoping there was an easier way. Does anyone have
any suggestions?

Thanks.
From: Mike H on
What do you want if there are 3 numbers the same?
--
Mike

question.

From: T. Valko on
Can you post some sample data and let us know what results you want?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Smooth813 on
I would like all of them to be .5 less than their rank. So, if three tie and
have a rank of "9", then I want all three to be "8.5" and the next value to
be the next rank, if that makes sense.

From: Smooth813 on
I would want all three values (or however many tied) to be .5 less. So all
three would be .5 less.