From: gray asphalt on
It makes me like waltzes more, not less,
like the critics of his time said. How about
you?

From: Steve_Karl on
Prokofiev is my goto for Waltzs.

From: Steve_Karl on
Yea. I can see why they said that.
It seems to fall right into place.

The reason I think Prokofiev is the waltz king is that I've never heard anyone come close to his imagination,
harmonic structure and character especially when he puts that evil sounding spin on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOV7yWEv54o
That's just a short example that doesn't even get to the end of the piece.

From: Phoenix on
nice one...Tim Burton should use it in some flick (if he hasn't already).

From: sambodidley on

"Steve_Karl" <nospam(a)noway.com> wrote in message
> Yea. I can see why they said that.
> It seems to fall right into place.
>
> The reason I think Prokofiev is the waltz king is that I've never heard
> anyone come close to his imagination,
> harmonic structure and character especially when he puts that evil
> sounding spin on it.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOV7yWEv54o
> That's just a short example that doesn't even get to the end of the piece.

I've had the pleasure of playing the principle oboe part in concert on his
5th symphony. That thing really gets wild in the last movement.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: A Rich Man's Studio Projects VTB1
Next: Reaper question