From: Andre Polykanine on
Hello viraj,

As for classes, it's suggested to start a class name with a capital:
class MyBestClass {
}

As for functions and class methods, there are lots of people who name
them like this:

function the_greatest_function_in_the_world () {
}

Maybe it's readable and great, but I have a little problem: I'm using
a screenreader, so the word "underscore" (and its Russian equivalent)
is too long for me. So I prefer

function TheGreatestFunctionInTheWorld () {
}

However, just discussed it with my wife. She prefers the same method
as me, though she doesn't use any screenreading software for
developing.

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre

From: Joshua Kehn on
Tedd-

Java has classes listed with an Uppercase. It could be JS you're thinking of but I'm not sure. Functions (except constructors) and variables have the lowerUpperCamelCase notation.

Regards,

-Josh

From: "Bob McConnell" on
From: tedd

> At 1:38 PM +0300 7/27/10, Andre Polykanine wrote:
>>Hello viraj,
>>
>>As for classes, it's suggested to start a class name with a capital:
>>class MyBestClass {
>>}
>
> In some languages (I can't remember if it is Java, or Javascript, or
> both) the first letter should be lowercase, such as:
>
> myBestClass

One of the best features of standards is that there are so many to
choose from. Likewise with coding styles, there are nearly as many as
there are coders. If you are working by yourself, pick something and
stick with it. If you are working in a group, or are employed to write
code, there may be requirements agreed upon or required in that
environment. You may not find out about them until your first code
review, but be assured, you will eventually be told about them.

Bob McConnell