From: Mike van der Merwe on
Hi!

I am trying to re install Windows Defender
But each time I try to I get a message saying

"unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please remove
same an run installer again"

I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove

Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found

How do I install Windows Defender

ThanX

From: Unknown on
Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft Security
Essentials)
Read about it at MS.

From: RobF on
MS "recommends" uninstallation of all A/V and spyware detection apps. But,
is Win Defender useable if I keep Avast and my several anti spyware apps?
--
RobF

From: Unknown on
Windows Defender is replaced by MSE.

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:32:59 -0500, "RobF" <who(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

> MS "recommends" uninstallation of all A/V and spyware detection apps.

Perhaps while installation of Defender is occurring. But put them back
afterward.

Defender is not an anti-virus program and you don't want to be without
an anti-virus program.

> But,
> is Win Defender useable if I keep Avast and my several anti spyware apps?

Yes, definitely.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup