From: Mike Williams on
"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message

> This implies that you take with this message the
> ownership of the brand name Visual Basic

Actually I'm fairly sure that Microsoft own the rights to the name "Visual
Basic", they're just dishonestly applying that name to a different product,
and they get away with it partly because consumer laws regarding software
are currently still a century behind consumer laws regarding tangible goods
(although the EU is working on that one!) and partly because they have most
of the American politcal system and legislature in their pockets. They are
lying about it. A food company might own the rights to the name "Walls
Chicken Nibbles" but if you bought a packet and discovered that it contained
pork scratchings then you would quite rightly feel a bit peeved, and the
food company would quite rightly be laying itself open to a law suit if it
insisted that pork scratchings were the new chicken nibbles :-)

Mike