From: Heffg� on
Thank you for this information but that's not the point. Just imagine we're
a few years earlier and SP3 doesn't exist yet.

So, how to build a CD including SP2 and not loose the Repair option ?

Heffg�

From: smlunatick on
On Jul 28, 8:44 am, "Heffgé" <*fgonda...(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Thank you for this information but that's not the point. Just imagine we're
> a few years earlier and SP3 doesn't exist yet.
>
> So, how to build a CD including SP2 and not loose the Repair option ?
>
> Heffgé

There are several tools to slipstream most SPs into the CD:

Autostreamer

nLite -- can also customize the install process and add other
updates.

However, when the Repair option is not available, it might mean that
the original CD never had it. Also, XP would problably not give you
the Repair option when the CD is a different version (Home vs Pro,
OEM vs Retail) or the CD fails to detect the "hugely" messed up
Windows install.
From: Heffg� on
I burned an other CD, exactly the same way and it works ! I'll never know
what was the problem with the first one.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Heffg�

From: Heffg� on
I was too confident.

It works with a re-writable CD, an Emtec bought in a supermark, it doesn't
with my Verbatim plain CDs from a computer store. I burnt three of them,
even trying to reduce burning speed to 4X (the value used by Nero with the
re-writable CD). I'have got the same problem with all of them.

The Eula text is not displayed and I am prompted to suppress Windows.

I really don't understand where the problem would come from.

Heffg�