From: jkormann on
The service which runs and collects the log files for the Usage Analysis
report was disabled for some reason. We have it re-activated but the logs for
when it was down were not processed. How do we re-process those older logs?
From: "Steven Cheng" on
Hi,

Regarding on the usage analysis report generation problem, there used to be
an old issue with similar symptom. You can have a look at it, the issue
seems to be fixed in latest update. Is your WSS or MOSS system fully
updated?

http://www.sharepointdev.net/sharepoint--general-question-answers-discussion
/no-usage-report-was-generated-11923.shtml

Also, as you said that you've disabled the usage report for certain period
of time, this is also possibly the reason. You can try clearing the log and
disabling the usage report feature to see whether the server will generated
log files during the time, it is possible that the analysis source data is
even not saved during that period.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.
--------------------

From: jkormann on
Steven,

Thanks for the reply. We are running WSS 3.0SP2.

The timer job was disabled by an admin because they changed the timer job
password and didn't let us know. The timer job was not running for approx 2
weeks. So during that time, we don't have any data. We have metrics before
that period and after.

The log files are created on the file system. They were not loaded to the
database for reporting.

Is there a way to tell the service to re-run from the logs on the file
system so the data is available in the database?

From: "Steven Cheng" on
Thanks for reply,

After some further researching, so far I haven't found definte means to
reload the offline log data when the usage analysis feature is turn off.

Btw, since the question is more specific to the MOSS server maintaneance
and configuration, I would suggest you also post in the sharepoint forum
for more ideas:

#SharePoint Products and Technologies
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?amtvcm1hbm4=?= <msnews08(a)nospam.nospam>
Subject: RE: Re-run WSS 3.0 Usage Analysis
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:32:59 -0700

""Steven Cheng"" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding on the usage analysis report generation problem, there used to
be
> an old issue with similar symptom. You can have a look at it, the issue
> seems to be fixed in latest update. Is your WSS or MOSS system fully
> updated?

http://www.sharepointdev.net/sharepoint--general-question-answers-discussion
> /no-usage-report-was-generated-11923.shtml
>
> Also, as you said that you've disabled the usage report for certain
period
> of time, this is also possibly the reason. You can try clearing the log
and
> disabling the usage report feature to see whether the server will
generated
> log files during the time, it is possible that the analysis source data
is
> even not saved during that period.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

> suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you.
Please