From: MagerValp on
On 13 Okt, 22:47, Chrom_ <maurogra...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> As anticipated, I've takes sound samples to show you the bug:
>
> http://www.2shared.com/file/8416879/a3133ae1/im2.html
> In this mp3 you can hear the Impossible mission 2 digi voice intro
> with ReSID
>
> http://www.2shared.com/file/8416905/e4268a3a/im2fp.html
> In this file you can hear the same recording made with ReSID-fp. The
> initial digital speech is completely muted and the rest of the song is
> quite distorted (probably sing digital sounds too?)

You have 8580 selected as the SID model with ReSID-fp. Change to 6581.
From: Chrom_ on
On Oct 14, 7:43 am, MagerValp <magerv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> You have 8580 selected as the SID model with ReSID-fp. Change to 6581.

No, I have 6581 selected for both ReSID and ReSID-fp. I know the
second sample sounds like 8580, and anyways even on 8580 the synth
speech shouldn't be muted.

Can someone else doublecheck my findings?

Mauro
From: MagerValp on
On 14 Okt, 15:20, Chrom_ <maurogra...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 7:43 am, MagerValp <magerv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You have 8580 selected as the SID model with ReSID-fp. Change to 6581.
>
> No, I have 6581 selected for both ReSID and ReSID-fp. I know the
> second sample sounds like 8580, and anyways even on 8580 the synth
> speech shouldn't be muted.
>
> Can someone else doublecheck my findings?

Well, it sounds just fine here with VICE 2.1 on Mac OS X, ReSID-fp,
6581, PAL, and the copy of IM2 downloaded from gb64.com. Speech is
loud and clear, music sounds good.
From: Lars Haugseth on
* MagerValp <magervalp(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 Okt, 15:20, Chrom_ <maurogra...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 14, 7:43 am, MagerValp <magerv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > You have 8580 selected as the SID model with ReSID-fp. Change to 6581.
>>
>> No, I have 6581 selected for both ReSID and ReSID-fp. I know the
>> second sample sounds like 8580, and anyways even on 8580 the synth
>> speech shouldn't be muted.
>>
>> Can someone else doublecheck my findings?
>
> Well, it sounds just fine here with VICE 2.1 on Mac OS X, ReSID-fp,
> 6581, PAL, and the copy of IM2 downloaded from gb64.com. Speech is
> loud and clear, music sounds good.

Just to confirm that it's not something wrong with the OP's setup, I
experience the exact same problem as him on Ubuntu 9.04 with VICE 2.1
compiled from source. Samples work fine with ReSID, but are muted
after switching to ReSID-fp.

Here's the relevant output from VICE:

*** VICE Version 2.1 ***

Sound: Opened device `uss', speed 44100Hz, fragment size 23ms,
buffer size 371ms

ReSID-FP: 6581R4AR 3789, filter on, sampling rate 44100 Hz with SSE
resampling, cutoff 19845 Hz

Also tried various options for oversampling, interpolation, resampling
etc. but it doesn't make a difference.

--
Lars Haugseth
From: Chrom_ on
So after all it seems a bug of Vice2.1 under Linux. Can someone else
give feedback of MacOs, Windows and other Linuxes builds?

Thanks.