From: Guilherme M Azeredo Guilherme M on
Hi,

I have seen your posts about reading spd data from memory.

I am interested on this subject too. In fact, i will be satisfied if i could
at least read the number of memory modules present on one system.
Although reading the entire spd data would be better. WMI does give the
correct information all the time, as we know...

Have you discovered any way for reading spd data or the number of memory
modules on one system?

Thanks in advance!
Guilherme

From: Pavel A. on
"m" <m(a)b.c> wrote in message news:usU$Vmd3KHA.4332(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> +1 - I have had the misfortune to have implemented SMBIOS and ACPI decode
> logic in a couple of projects, but been very disappointed that even
> high-end brand name HW (IE IBM, HP etc.) does not not reliably expose
> anything

Perhaps this means that almost nobody has _justified_ interest in this data?
Service techs of the manufacturers do not need to hack anything
because they have documentation.
--pa