From: tms3 on

> I've used Samba to enable windows users to connect to an AIX server
> and
> use available space to put and keep files. My question is can Samba
> go
> the other way - enable someone on AIX to read a windows directory to
> obtain a file.

Maybe. "man mount" and see if it has a smbfs protocol. You can also
use smbclient.

Cheers,
On 1 June 2010 21:47, <tms3(a)tms3.com> wrote:

>> I've used Samba to enable windows users to connect to an AIX server and
>> use available space to put and keep files.  My question is can Samba go
>> the other way - enable someone on AIX to read a windows directory to
>> obtain a file.
>>
> Maybe.  "man mount" and see if it has a smbfs protocol.  You can also use
> smbclient.

Yes, smbclient (which gives you a command line interface similar to
FTP) or you could mount a Windows share. Try:

http://www.google.com/search?q=aix+cifs_fs

or similar. (e.g. smb or cifs)

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(a)gmail.com>