From: florian on
For info, the message "Please verify that your Mail & Newsgroups account settings are correct and try again." is the generic error message. It actually means "Something wrong happened". It can go from inability to save attachments, disk full, disk access problem, conflict with anti-virus. There is probably nothing wrong with your account settings.

Thunderbird should fix the message NS_MSG_GENERIC_FAILURE_EXPLANATION to display "Something failed unexpectedly.".

yawnmoth wrote:

auto-saving drafts in Thunderbird
26-Jul-08

I'm having some difficulty with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and
Thunderbird 2.0.0.x. First, I was getting a "There was an error
copying the message to the Sent folder. Retry?" error, so I created
the "Sent" folder. Upon doing that, however, I get a "Mail server ...
is not an IMAP4 mail server." I click on Cancel and then get this:

Unable to save your message as draft.
Please verify that your Mail & Newsgroups account settings are correct
and try again.

Any ideas?

On Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:21 PM
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:

Re: auto-saving drafts in Thunderbird
Hmmm. Try another IMAP client & see if you have the same results. This will not
be a server-side issue, I think.

On Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:31 AM
yawnmoth wrote:

auto-saving drafts in Thunderbird
I'm having some difficulty with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and
Thunderbird 2.0.0.x. First, I was getting a "There was an error
copying the message to the Sent folder. Retry?" error, so I created
the "Sent" folder. Upon doing that, however, I get a "Mail server ...
is not an IMAP4 mail server." I click on Cancel and then get this:

Unable to save your message as draft.
Please verify that your Mail & Newsgroups account settings are correct
and try again.

Any ideas?

Job Interview And Resume Tips for Developers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c3b9b000-f682-4673-8c83-8feb077fb0be/job-interview-and-resume.aspx
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
The message to which you replied is nearly two years old, so I think the
original poster probably has an answer by now.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..