From: Thomas R. Kettler on
In article
<krishna-533955.08380122072010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,
krishnananda <krishna(a)divine-life.in.invalid> wrote:

> In article
> <e89b1bda-2499-4541-807b-9d4eef580921(a)j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> sam <mws42262(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3864230-10545960
>
> "That depends on what 'free' means..."
>
> From volume 1, chapter 1 of the Fine print:
>
> Eligible members can receive the incentive gift package by completing
> two reward offers from each of the Top, Prime and Premium reward offer
> page options. Various types of reward offers are available. Completion
> of reward offers most often requires a purchase or filing a credit
> application and being accepted for a financial product such as a credit
> card or consumer loan.
>
> In cases of a financial offer such as a credit card, the card must be
> activated by making a purchase, balance transfer or cash advance in
> order for the offer to be considered "completed", and the user must
> remain a card holder for at least 60 days.
>
> And the kicker:
>
> By subscribing, you are expressly consenting to receive prerecorded
> telephone messages from The Firebrand Group, LLC, a Nevada company doing
> business as Worldwide Commerce Associates ("WCA") that include special
> or discounted sales offers. You are subscribing to receive offers only
> from WCA, and only at the specific number(s) you have provided to us.
> Your consent will be effective regardless of whether the number you have
> provided: (a) is a home, business, or cell phone line; and/or (b) is or
> will be registered on any state or federal Do-Not-Call (DNC) list, and
> shall remain in effect until you revoke your consent and cancel your
> subscription.

That reminds me of a line I've said before: often free costs too much.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.
From: Wes Groleau on
TANSTAAFL (analysis of a similar "offer"):
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/WWW?itemid=984
From: Wes Groleau on
On 07-22-2010 08:38, krishnananda wrote:
> By subscribing, you are expressly consenting to receive prerecorded
> telephone messages from The Firebrand Group, LLC, a Nevada company doing
> business as Worldwide Commerce Associates ("WCA") that include special
> or discounted sales offers. You are subscribing to receive offers only
> from WCA, and only at the specific number(s) you have provided to us.

Give them a fake number--their own 800 number, which their robot
will happily call.

> Your consent will be effective regardless of whether the number you have
> provided: (a) is a home, business, or cell phone line; and/or (b) is or

My "consent" has no authority to override the legal prohibition against
robo-dialers calling cell phones.

--
Wes Groleau

Pat's Polemics