From: Steve_Karl on
I finally found a really ( really ) easy way to make a bootable Ubuntu flashdrive

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux/create-a-bootable-ubuntu-usb-flash-drive-the-easy-way/

You can actually use any version of an Ubuntu Live cd or any other type of live cd it seems.
The util called "UnetBootin" does all the work.

SK

From: Martin Holmes on
Steve_Karl wrote:
> I finally found a really ( really ) easy way to make a bootable Ubuntu flashdrive
>
> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux/create-a-bootable-ubuntu-usb-flash-drive-the-easy-way/
>
> You can actually use any version of an Ubuntu Live cd or any other type of live cd it seems.
> The util called "UnetBootin" does all the work.
>
> SK

This has been part of Ubuntu for a while. You'll find it on the
System/Administrator menu, as "USB Startup Disk Creator" (at least,
that's how it shows in my Ubuntu Jaunty). It's very handy, especially if
you have netbooks which don't have CD drives.

Cheers,
Martin