From: Ben Berman on
polymod wrote:

> Hey Ben....If you mean the Card Deluxe (which is my soundcard) they still
> do!
>

> http://store.digitalaudio.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DAL&Product_Code=CDX-01&Category_Code=CDX
>
> Poly

Nah, before the Card Deluxe they sold the CardD and then the CardD+ -
which were perhaps the earliest actually usable 16-bit pro audio cards
in general use when I came along a century or two back, though I'm sure
lotsa folks used other things before that. I remember seeing the ads for
the CardD in Home and Studio Recording Magazine (!) for years before
actually getting bitten by the bug. DAL also sold the much-hyped but
ill-fated V8 system. Wonder what happened to that one? And I've still
got my GadgetLabs around here somewhere . . .

Doesn't really matter though, since we have all since learned it ain't
the tools that matter . . . you're making world-class music on a DAL
Card Deluxe, and I'm making dreck on a Lynx card that has a digestion
problem.

I know, I know: Format NTFS and re-install . . . 8-)

bzb

--
THE SONG FACTORY
Words and Music, made to order(TM)

WWW: http://www.thesongfactory.com
From: polymod on

"Ben Berman" <no(a)thanks.net> wrote in message
> polymod wrote:
> >
> > Hey Ben....If you mean the Card Deluxe (which is my soundcard) they
still
> > do!

http://store.digitalaudio.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DAL&Product_Code=CDX-01&Category_Code=CDX

> > Poly
> >

> Nah, before the Card Deluxe they sold the CardD and then the CardD+ -
> which were perhaps the earliest actually usable 16-bit pro audio cards
> in general use when I came along a century or two back, though I'm sure
> lotsa folks used other things before that. I remember seeing the ads for
> the CardD in Home and Studio Recording Magazine (!) for years before
> actually getting bitten by the bug. DAL also sold the much-hyped but
> ill-fated V8 system. Wonder what happened to that one? And I've still
> got my GadgetLabs around here somewhere . . .

Thnks for the clarification Ben. I didn't realize they were around that
long!

> Doesn't really matter though, since we have all since learned it ain't
> the tools that matter . . . you're making world-class music on a DAL
> Card Deluxe, and I'm making dreck on a Lynx card that has a digestion
> problem.
> I know, I know: Format NTFS and re-install . . . 8-)

LOL!
I wanted a no frills great quality sound card and the Card Deluxe has more
than fit the bill.

Poly

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3